7. take in the riches 吸取精华/动词?#39318;?/div>
8. suck up 吸收，吸取/动词?#39318;?/div>
9. be different from 与什么不同
1. There are many plants which have neither roots nor leaves nor flowers， while there are some animals which seem to have all three. (neither…nor句型表示两者都不) e.g. People who can neither hear nor speak talk to each other with the help of their fingers. (并列动词);My doctor told me I should neither smoke nor drink.(并列动词);She neither knows nor cares what has happened to her ex-husband. (并列动词)
2. 冠词问题：The blue haze，like smoke，is the dividing line between the heavens and the earth.(世界上独一无二的东西)。
3. You may look at a group of cows standing under the trees or catch a bee at his early drink in a morning-glory bell. Look at 为感官动词，其后可以加动?#35797;?#24418;，也可以用动词的ing?#38382;健?#29992;动?#35797;?#24418;表明看到了全过程，用动词的ing?#38382;?#34920;示看到动作正在进行中。
4. magnify(v.放大)-magnifying glass(adj. 放大镜)
7. They see many things which most people would fail to see. fail to do sth. 不能做某事
8. 主谓一致问题：分数或百分比后面的谓语动?#20160;?#29992;何?#20013;问?#35201;看其后紧跟的名词，如所跟名词为可数名词复数，则谓语动?#20160;?#29992;复数?#38382;?所跟名词为不可数名词，则谓语动?#20160;?#29992;单数?#38382;健?#26159;就近原则的一种。E.g. We now know that about one fourth of all the kinds of seaweed are animals.
9. be to do sth. 是将来时的一种，表示命令或计划做某事
10. Animals can live only on what plants have already turned from inorganic to vegetable matter.(以后在名词型从句处做具体讲解)
11. No bird nor fish nor other animal could ever have lived on this earth， if the plants had not come first and fitted it for the dwelling place of a higher order of beings. (对过去进行虚拟：主句用情态动词+have done， 从句用过去完成时 had done 的?#38382;?
12. It takes up such parts of the soil as are dissolved in the water. (as的句型是特殊的定语从句句型，由于前面出现了such才会采用as 来做定语从句的关系代词;take up 的意思是吸收;本句话的意思为：植物还会吸收能够在水中溶解的部分土壤。)